Seminar - Climbing Mt. Whitney 4/24
MAA is pleased to present a free seminar on climbing one of the most sought after peaks in the lower 48 - the highest point in the continental US - Mt. Whitney at 14,500'. Join us in person or online for a live presentation, commentary, and Q & A. More info about MAA and membership here: http://www.mountainascent.org/membership
LIVE STREAMING will be available for Full SMC members only, or you can view it later on YouTube at your convenience. Link will be sent out to all full members via email about 1 hour prior.
- DATE: Tuesday, April 24th, 8:00 pm - 9:00 pm
- ONLINE: View this seminar in real time, streaming live for Full MAA members only. Join MAA here: http://www.mountainascent.org/membership
- LOCATION: TBD. With Bobcats Outdoor Adventure Sports: https://bobcats-outdoor.myshopify.com/
- PRESENTATION: Digital live video including demonstrations, commentary, and Q & A.
- COST: FREE, and open to the public
- GEAR DISCOUNT: MAA members who attend will get 25% off in store, and non-members will get 10% off.
- RSVP: On the official MAA website or on MAA International on Meetup
This seminar is a comprehensive overview of how one can prepare, train and accomplish an ascent of Mt. Whitney, whether that's on the trail, the Mountaineers route, or one of the many fine technical rock routes. We'll discuss a bit of history, about the permit system, gear needed, and provide a detailed overview each route to the top, complete with step by step info, pictures and commentary. Don't miss it!
Mountain Ascent Association is a 501(c)7 not-for-profit international climbing community. Our mission is to enrich our community, encourage a life of adventure and foster an appreciation for the natural world by providing comprehensive climbing events, instruction and connections. Join MAA or find more information here: www.mountainascent.org/membership
For more information or questions about this event, please email firstname.lastname@example.org